Family Home-Group Follow Up
We finished our family home-group this month and I wanted to take a moment to reflect on what we learned in our short 10 week adventure.
- Kids are loud!
- If we create a space for parents and kids and grandparents to worship together, they will come.
- Grandparents are needed in the body. We need their wisdom and encouragement.
- Kids are needed in the body. We need their joy and playfulness.
- Parents are tired and they need each other to say, “Don’t worry. Relax. You are doing a great job.” Mommy-guilt is real, but it is not from Jesus.
- Marriage is a powerful tool in the Kingdom of God. Commitment is in God’s heart and marriage is a life changing display of Jesus’ commitment to us.
- Marriage and family is a target of the enemy of this world. The devil strikes the home the hardest.
- Kids can lead adults. Kids pray effective prayers. They worship freely when adults may feel guarded. Kids have insight into the heart of God that I get too busy to see.
- Family ministry is hard because people are busy, but it’s worth it.
- Food is the best attraction for people of all ages. Potlucks are powerful.
We hope to create more family home groups in the coming year. We hope to encourage other families and churches to open their homes for this sort of experience too. We would also like to create some time for parenting groups so we can learn more skills for this vast terrain. We want to encourage each other in this incredible journey of family.
Look for a Generations Conference coming your way in 2015.